Both are short term rental communities, excellent clubhouse and pool facilities, close to Disney and wider Kissimmee US192 area, secure 24hr manned entrance.
1. Emerald Island is closer to Disney. Emerald Island 3 miles from the gates to the Magic Kingdom. Encantada 5 miles
2. Encantada was built between 2006-2011 in segments primarily due to the 2008 financial crisis which stunted all development in the Orlando area. Emerald Island was built in 2003.
3. Emerald Island has a very different property offering covering 4-7 bed villas and 3-4 bed townhomes. (across two Townhome communities). Encantada is a Townhome only community offering 3-4 bedrooms.
4. Encantada, for reasons unclear to is, has become increasingly popular with South American (primarily Brazilian) guests
5. Emerald Island is traditionally one of Orlandos most popular vacation rental resorts alongside Windsor Hills, meaning it has a sound owner rental market and a well run, experienced and well managed HOA
6. Scale of Emerald Island much larger, offering expansive woodland walks and cycle trails and lots of open green spaces
7. Emerald Island is quieter, more peaceful and easier to feel like you can escape
8. Emerald Island has 2 pool areas