Both short term rental communities with holiday resort feel, excellent clubhouse and pool facilities and secure gated 24hr manned entrance.
1. Emerald Island is closer to Disney. Emerald Island only 3 miles from the gates to the Magic Kingdom. Formosa Gardens 5 miles
2. Formosa Gardens is slightly newer (built in 2007). Emerald Island was built in 2003.
3. Both have a wide selection of villa styles and standards running from 3-7 bedrooms however Emerald Island has Townhome (3-4 bed) communities too.
4. Formosa Gardens prides itself on high end villa specs.
5. Formosa Gardens is generally slightly more expensive than Emerald Island
6. Emerald Island is traditionally one of Orlandos most popular vacation rental resorts alongside Windsor Hills, meaning it has a sound owner rental market and a well run, experienced and well managed Home Owners Association.
7. Scale of Emerald Island much larger, offering expansive woodland walks and cycle trails and lots of open green spaces.
8. Emerald Island is quieter, more peaceful and easier to feel like you can escape.
9. Emerald Island has two pool areas; one next to the main clubhouse and a second in the townhome community of Crystal Cove Loop.